Re: os_authent_prefix

From: Christian Eriksson <c-eriks_at_algonet.se>
Date: 8 Jul 2004 02:06:55 -0700

sybrandb_at_yahoo.com wrote in message news:<a1d154f4.0407062332.76988f6a_at_posting.google.com>...
> c-eriks_at_algonet.se (Christian Eriksson) wrote in message news:<d0d6f67c.0407061337.481a5a11_at_posting.google.com>...
> > Hi!
> >
> > Where running Oracle database 9.2.0.1.0 on Sun Solaris 8 7/01 (SPARC
> > platform). I'm trying to use the OS authentication method for a user
> > owning objects in the database. I've started the instance with an
> > spfile with the os_authent_prefix='':
> >
> > oracle_at_S0232119 # grep os spfileftgdb.ora
> > *.os_authent_prefix=''
> > oracle_at_S0232119 # pwd
> > /opt/oracle/product/9.2.0.1.0/dbs
> > oracle_at_S0232119 #
> >
> > I've also create a user to be "identified externally" called ftgadm:
> >
> > SQL> select username,password from dba_users where username =
> > 'FTGADM';
> >
> > USERNAME PASSWORD
> > ------------------------------ ------------------------------
> > FTGADM EXTERNAL
> >
> > Then when I login to Unix as ftgadm I still cant connect with only
> > "sqlplus /":
> >
> > ftgadm_at_S0232119 # sqlplus /
> >
> > SQL*Plus: Release 9.2.0.1.0 - Production on Tis Jul 6 23:33:47 2004
> >
> > Copyright (c) 1982, 2002, Oracle Corporation. All rights reserved.
> >
> > ERROR:
> > ORA-01034: ORACLE not available
> > ORA-27121: unable to determine size of shared memory segment
> > SVR4 Error: 13: Permission denied
> >

> > Enter user-name:
> >
> > Any ideas?
> >
> > Regards Christian Eriksson
>

> Incorrect permissions on the Oracle directories and/or on the Oracle
> executable or the setuid bit not set on the Oracle executable.
> Connecting using an ordinary account will result in the same error.
> This has nothing to do with O/S authentication.
>
> Sybrand Bakker
> Senior Oracle DBA

I don't know for shure what you mean by an ordinary account but:

ftgadm_at_S0232119 # sqlplus ftgweb_at_ftgdb

SQL*Plus: Release 9.2.0.1.0 - Production on Tor Jul 8 11:02:03 2004

Copyright (c) 1982, 2002, Oracle Corporation.  All rights reserved.

Enter password:

Connected to:
Oracle9i Enterprise Edition Release 9.2.0.1.0 - 64bit Production
With the Partitioning, OLAP and Oracle Data Mining options
JServer Release 9.2.0.1.0 - Production

SQL> show user
USER is "FTGWEB"
SQL> connecting as the user FTGWEB is possible.

Regards Christian Eriksson Received on Thu Jul 08 2004 - 11:06:55 CEST

Original text of this message