Re: Devoloper licenses

From: Sporge <RonGeorge_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 1 Jul 2004 01:20:03 -0700

Hans Forbrich wrote
> Sporge wrote:
>
> > We are purely a development shop, we do not use the final product at
> > all.
>
> Does ANYONE use the final product?
>
> No where in the license does it say the developer must put the result into
> production. It does say (paraphrasing) when the resulting code is put into
> production, the development licenses must be converted into 'real'
> licenses.

Yes, the clients that purchase the software will use the final product. My thoughts are that the since these clients will be purchasing Oracle licenses in order to use our product, Oracle will be getting their share of the benefits.

I am in the process of communicating with Oracle with regards to these issues. Thanks for responding to my questions here in the news group.

Regards
Ron Received on Thu Jul 01 2004 - 10:20:03 CEST

Original text of this message