Re: "shared memory realm not available" on Orc9i, W2k

From: The CQMMAN <cqmman_at_yahoo.co.uk>
Date: 23 Jun 2004 01:29:05 -0700

Frank van Bortel <fvanbortel_at_netscape.net> wrote in message news:<cb9r09$heg$1_at_news1.tilbu1.nb.home.nl>...

> Try some real values; "instance" is not a valid SID name.
> Check your services; it's the one called oracleserviceXXXX; the XXXX
> is your SID.
> Then issue -in a command line window-
> set oracle_sid=XXXX and retry your start operation.
>
> Alternatively, start the oracleserviceXXXX; if set up correctly,
> it will also mount and open the database. Id oracleserviceXXXX
> is already started, but you still get the 1034, follow procedure
> as above.

Ah, I did.. Sorry, just wrote "instance" instead of the actual instance name..

Anyway it looks like it is up. Basically the database is not set to start automatically so I needed to connect with SQLPLUS and the /nolog switch and was then able to start it, and then connect.

Cheers Received on Wed Jun 23 2004 - 10:29:05 CEST

Original text of this message