Re: Need help on oracle 8i db

From: Romeo Olympia <rolympia_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 15 Jun 2004 19:31:03 -0700

There is not enough information to make an intelligent guess. For all we know, it's not even your Oracle instance that's eating up your CPU. See the top processes at the OS level during those peak times and check if Oracle (just one big process in WindowsNT or several processes in Unix flavors) is actually the culprit. Use any OS monitoring tool available to you. Let's start there.

Would also help if you could provide OS/DB/HW configuration.

And btw, 400,000 inserted rows isn't really that big a number by most standards.