Re: ORA-12560: TNS:protocol adapter error

From: Frank van Bortel <fvanbortel_at_netscape.net>
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2004 14:15:37 +0200

NavEEd wrote:
> Hi There.
>
> I'm getting this error when running a dot net application.
>
> We get through the (all custom) login screen fine and dandy. When we click
> on the link to bring up a datagrid of invoices, we get this error.
>
> Funny thing is, it works when running the app from a desktop pc, but not
> when we run it in the web environment... ie. http://appname
>
> Any thoughts?
>
> Drop me an E-mail naveed010_at_hotmail.com

12560, 00000, "TNS:protocol adapter error"

// *Cause: A generic protocol adapter error occurred.
// *Action: Check addresses used for proper protocol specification. Before
// reporting this error, look at the error stack and check for lower level
// transport errors.For further details, turn on tracing and reexecute the
// operation. Turn off tracing when the operation is complete.

Does your Web environment have access to the oracle SQL*Net configuration files?!?

--

Regards,
Frank van Bortel