Re: Moving to Visual Studio??

From: garfitz <garrett_fitzsimons_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 9 Jun 2004 07:26:26 -0700

Gijs,

While the .Net database layer (ADO.NET) can communicate with oracle using ODBC, there is a set of managed classes specifically for Oracle and so performance is there.

I'm not sure what versions are supported - check out the VB.NET or C# google groups.

There will be certain functions where SQL Server is supported - but these are peripheral rather than central to .NET.

I do know other delphi developers who have switched to .NET and are more than happy.

Architect has good XML schema modelling etc.. If you are working for local government then the .net compact framework is useful for mobile apps.

Hope this helps.
Garrett.