tablespace SYSTEM used by others user, not sys. Help!

From: tracy <tracykim10_at_yahoo.com.hk>
Date: 3 Jun 2004 01:37:15 -0700

hi,
i need advise and guidance from experts. Today, I discovered about 1464 tables created in SYSTEM tablespace and the owner is dev_user.

As, i read from ORACLE 101 DBA's it said :'System tablespace is a tablespace user to stored objects belong to user SYS only. if, we do not ensure this, the SYSTEM tablespace will :

•	Tend to get very fragmented
•	Have potentially severe contention against it and affect performance

we cannot alter SYSTEM tablespace offline, there is no way to rebuild this tablespace without rebuilding the whole database and this can be very time consuming.'

Then, wat should i do? please advise.

regards,
tracykim Received on Thu Jun 03 2004 - 10:37:15 CEST

Original text of this message