How to return a record set from a PL/SQL procedure/function?

From: Alexander Pino <Alexander.Pino_at_cea-int.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Jun 2004 14:26:33 +0200

Hi,

does anyone know if, and how, I can return a record (set) from a stored procedure/function?

What does the function have to do?
well at this moment I'm porting our product's database based global registry from SQL Server to Oracle10g (as it has to work on both). Now I have a function called CreateKey, which like the name says creates a single key entry in the global registry. Afterwards it has to return with the created key (a single row) and it's newly generated globally unique identifier, but if the key already existed it should return with the existing key information.

Could someone please help me?

ps. I'm using Oracle10g.

Thanx,
Alexander Received on Wed Jun 02 2004 - 14:26:33 CEST

Original text of this message