Re: Trigger to delete record from one table with check on another table.

From: Ed prochak <ed.prochak_at_magicinterface.com>
Date: 26 May 2004 09:43:13 -0700

kenneth.osenbroch_at_telenor.com (Kenneth Osenbroch) wrote in message news:<ce7df6a2.0405260105.55c4489_at_posting.google.com>...
> Hi. I want to create a trigger that only allows delete from table A if
> corresponding record in table B does not exist. Any idea on how this
> can be done? Thanks, Kenneth.

Sounds more like you want a reference constraint. Do you have Primary keys and Foreign Keys set up on the corredsponding tables? Looks like from the description table A is the parent table (wiht a primary key) and table B is the child table (with a foreign key that references the primary key of table A)

HTH,
   ed Received on Wed May 26 2004 - 18:43:13 CEST

Original text of this message