Code for "bucket-ized" time table???

From: New Guy <kshop_at_adnohr.net>
Date: 18 May 2004 16:14:33 -0700

Hello,

First, I want to apologize for posting this message to multiple groups. (1) I have a hard time finding any info and (2) this is not a school assignment.

I am trying to create in my Oracle test database a "time" table that would have time buckets. What I mean is that, it would have some structure like this

0-5 minute bucket
10-15 minute bucket
15-20 minute bucket

55-60 minute bucket

0-2 hour bucket
2-4 hour bucket
4-6 hour bucket

22-24 hour bucket
day number
week number
month number
year number

How can I go about doing this? I'm very new to data-warehousing and have never had to this before. Any suggestions, code snippets...anything is welcome!

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide!

KS. Received on Wed May 19 2004 - 01:14:33 CEST

Original text of this message