Re: PL/SQL: Exceptions & Sub-programs...

From: Frank van Bortel <fvanbortel_at_netscape.net>
Date: Sat, 15 May 2004 21:06:03 +0200

AB wrote:

> I have an assignment due in a database programming class and to my
> horror I have no idea where to even begin with this problem!! PLEASE
> HELP!!
We don't do homework, we merely hint...
1) Find out if you have a valid input

    (hint: should have 2 space(blocks),
     surrounded by characters)
2) Find out which form is used...

    (hint: comma seems an indicator)

Other hints: lookup the upper, lower, instr and substr functions. One more: documentation is on :
http://otn.oracle.com/pls/db10g/portal.portal_demo3?selected=1 Look for the SQL Reference.

--

Regards,
Frank van Bortel