Re: External Tables

From: Douglas Hawthorne <douglashawthorne_at_yahoo.com.au>
Date: Thu, 13 May 2004 13:34:51 GMT

"Berj" <berj_at_adelphia.net> wrote in message news:ac-dnbgZ1r0ttT7dRVn-gw_at_adelphia.com...
> where can i find more information on external tables?
>
> i tried to create one, but get multiple oracle errors starting with
> ora-29913
>

> --
> berj

Berj,

The 10g documentation tells that this error message is: ORA-29913: error in executing <string> callout Cause: The execution of the specified callout caused an error. Action: Examine the error messages take appropriate action.

And as such does not allow me to help diagnose the problem.

You could search http://asktom.oracle.com Daniel Morgan has a FAQ on external tables at http://www.psoug.org/reference/externaltab.html There is a simple example at
http://otn.oracle.com/products/oracle9i/daily/sept19.html Thomas Kyte has a section on external tables on pp.404 to 415 in Chapter 7: "Effective Schema Design" of "Effective Oracle by Design" (Oracle Press:2003).
Conner McDonald et al. has an example of using the alert log as an external table on pp.371 to 375 in Chapter 7: "DBA Packages" of "Mastering Oracle PL/SQL: Practical Solutions" (A-Press:2004).

If these references do not help, you might want to post the DDL you are using as well as the version of Oracle and operating system along with all the relevant error messages.

Douglas Hawthorne Received on Thu May 13 2004 - 15:34:51 CEST

Original text of this message