Re: selecting the differences between 2 large tables

From: Ed prochak <ed.prochak_at_magicinterface.com>
Date: 11 May 2004 10:18:34 -0700

"Kevin Crosbie" <caoimhinocrosbai_at_yahoo.com> wrote in message news:<483a35a26fdbecb0a8af95c8056e2ed9_at_news.teranews.com>...
> Hi all,
> (Sorry for the cross-post, there doesn't appear to be much activity on
> comp.database.oracle)I'm trying to get the last 300 rows from the difference
> between 2 large
> tables and my queries are taking at least 10 minutes to do this.
[]

> Can anybody think any way I can improve these?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Kevin

you picked another defunct group. Post one last time to

   comp.databases.oracle.misc
and you'll get some suggestions.

I'll give you one quick comment here: the phrase "the last 300 rows" is meaningless in a relational database. This isn't a file system, rows have no location relative to each other. You'll do better to eliminate such phrases from your vocabulary and describle what you really mean or need.

See you in .misc
  Ed Received on Tue May 11 2004 - 19:18:34 CEST

Original text of this message