Not Sure Which Analytic To Use

From: Terry Coccoli <request_at_ifneeded.com>
Date: Mon, 10 May 2004 12:59:39 GMT

I have to count a bunch of calls into the service area by provider and create a report of the "lower quartile(maybe list the lowest 25%)"

I tried NTILE but since I'm ordering by a COUNT exression, and many providers have the same count, I'm seeing the same counts across different quartiles. According to the docs, this is standard behaviour.

I also tried using PERCENT_RANK, but it gives results in the range of 0 to 1. I'm not sure how to evaluate the results to give me what I need.

Any suggestions ? Received on Mon May 10 2004 - 14:59:39 CEST

Original text of this message