ORA-06575: Package or function VALUE_1 is in an invalid state

From: srihari <srihari_cit_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 9 May 2004 20:32:13 -0700

Hi ,
 I created a function in oracle using pro*C. I am not sure whether the table got created properly. because when i try to see the description it says,

SQL> desc value_1;
ERROR:
ORA-24372: invalid object for describe

also when i try to use the following query,

insert into table1 (select attrib,value_1(2) from table2)

i get the following error,

ORA-06575: Package or function MDLVALUE_1 is in an invalid state

please tell me what could be the possible problem. where am i going wrong.

thank you :-) Received on Mon May 10 2004 - 05:32:13 CEST

Original text of this message