Re: Create ordinary table out of XML Schema

From: Douglas Hawthorne <douglashawthorne_at_yahoo.com.au>
Date: Thu, 06 May 2004 14:55:58 GMT

"Andreas Bergmeier" <andreas.bergmeier_at_compass-systems.de> wrote in message news:7a78c9d2.0404270626.5d7cf951_at_posting.google.com...
> Hi - I searched quite a bit now but still it seems that one topic was
> never brought up on oracles xml handling (9i btw). Could anybody tell
> me how it is possible to create a table out of a xml schema (I don't
> care about the format the xml must have - the important thing is it
> being xml)? I can add data to the table using xml, get the schema out
> in xml and so on but there seems no topic that handles automatic table
> creation using a xml schema (apart from a xmltype).
>
> Best regards
> Andreas Bergmeier

Andreas,

Have you read the article, "Make XML Native and Relative ", by Johnathon Gennick at http://otn.oracle.com/oramag/oracle/03-jan/o13xml.html ? In that article, Johnathon takes an XML schema to create object-relational tables.

Douglas Hawthorne Received on Thu May 06 2004 - 16:55:58 CEST

Original text of this message