Re: Windows v Unix Performance on Oracle 9i

From: Joel Garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: 5 May 2004 15:41:56 -0700

subs_at_robtudor.co.uk (Rob) wrote in message news:<cd6e7d58.0405050615.5947cd17_at_posting.google.com>...
> Does anyone know if there are any good comparisons between Windows and
> Unix performance? Or does anyone have examples of Oracle databases
> running large numbers (200+) of concurrent users. I am trying to
> investigate what size implementations can be placed onto Windows 2000
> / Windows 2003 as opposed to UNIX but cannot find much data.
>
> Any information would be much appreciated.
>
> Cheers.

As a matter of fact, yes:
http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&th=511ddc260aead7b6&rnum=2

I also would be interested if anyone is running 200+ actual concurrent users (not just connections) on Windows. I would find it hard to believe.

jg

--
_at_home.com is bogus.
Like using http://www.autoweek.com/specials/galleries/scaglietti/pages/612_Scaglietti_04.htm