trying to move from reports generated in CGI mode to reports generated in Servlet mode

From: Oxmard <shankeyp_at_no-spam.comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2004 07:07:32 -0500

This is on 9iAS R1 patch15:

We are calling all out reports from forms.

We already have a number of forms that call reports that are using the reports servlet. All the reports come out in pdf format. Basical there are a number of set_report_object_property calls then a run_report_object call. Additionally in the env file set by forms_web_cfg file we have a var of FORMS60_REPFORMAT=pdf

We have been using the CGI report server to generate tab delimited files one could bring into Excel. I'm having problems getting a different file other than a pdf to be generated. I'm I stuck due to the FORMS60_REPFORMAT=pdf var? How can I override this for a tab delimited file?

I think my problem is with the REPORT_DESTYPE

here is part of the code from the form (which does not work): IF P_FOR_EXCEL = 'Y' THEN -- Generate Excel Sheet l_rep_obj_id := find_report_object ( 'QMSREP' );

set_report_object_property(l_rep_obj_id, REPORT_DESTYPE, FILE); set_report_object_property(l_rep_obj_id, REPORT_DESNAME, user || to_char(sysdate,'DDMMYYYYHH24MISS') || '.xls' );

set_report_object_property(l_rep_obj_id, REPORT_DESFORMAT, 'DELIMITED' ); set_report_object_property(l_rep_obj_id, REPORT_OTHER, ' DELIMITER=tab' || ' DELIMITED_HDR=no');

set_report_object_property(l_rep_obj_id, REPORT_EXECUTION_MODE, RUNTIME );
set_report_object_property(l_rep_obj_id, REPORT_COMM_MODE, SYNCHRONOUS );
set_report_object_property(l_rep_obj_id, REPORT_FILENAME, l_report_name );

  • qms$forms_errors.push ( 'Call_Report: Client/Server: Report and display in Excel' ); l_rep_id := RUN_REPORT_OBJECT(l_rep_obj_id, l_par_list_id);

ELSE -- Generate PDF Report
l_rep_obj_id := find_report_object ( 'QMSREP' );

set_report_object_property(l_rep_obj_id, REPORT_EXECUTION_MODE, RUNTIME );
set_report_object_property(l_rep_obj_id, REPORT_COMM_MODE, SYNCHRONOUS );
set_report_object_property(l_rep_obj_id, REPORT_FILENAME, l_report_name );
set_report_object_property(l_rep_obj_id, REPORT_DESTYPE, PREVIEW);

l_rep_id := RUN_REPORT_OBJECT(l_rep_obj_id, l_par_list_id); END IF; My question is what do I need to do to generate tab delimited files using the reports servlet without breaking the pdf's or changing the forms_web.cfg file?
Thanks very much Received on Thu Apr 29 2004 - 14:07:32 CEST

Original text of this message