Re: Missing ora_control1 ???

From: Dhana <dhanasekar.p_at_db.com>
Date: 29 Apr 2004 03:03:22 -0700

Hi,

Oracle could not able to read your control file and failed to mount the database.

Please provide the following information.

Do you have backup of your files or first time creation ? Produciton database or test database ?

sqlplus /nolog
connect /as sysdba
startup nomount pfile=<your pfile location> show parameter control

ls -lrt <Value listed out above under value column>

Pick up the contents available in value column and check whether the file is available or not in OS, If available, please check the file permission.

CASE 1 : If Database was already created and running.

         You have to restore the control file from backup.

CASE 2: If database created newly then you can recreate the controlfile.

         But you have to do it with EXTREME CARE. To recreate the control file

         you must know the datafiles and redolog files location and size.

Please post the message, if you need further help on this.

NOTE : PLEASE DONT DO ANYTHING WITH ASSUMPTION WHICH WILL CAUSE LOSS OF DATA. Rgds
Dhana