Re: Uninstalling Oracle Client

From: <sybrandb_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 29 Apr 2004 00:58:29 -0700

"Scallica" <scallica_at_hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<KYYjc.34043$Gd3.7900024_at_news4.srv.hcvlny.cv.net>...
> Hello all,
>
> I have Oracle client 8.0.5 installed on a Win2K workstation. I would like to
> install the 8.1.7 client. Using Oracle Installer, I removed all 8.0.5
> components. However, I am unable to remove the Oracle Installer program. I
> would like to install the new client into C:\orant, but the install process
> will not allow this with Oracle Installer in there. How can I cleanly remove
> the old Oracle Installer?
>
> Thanks,
> Scallica

1 8.1.7 is supported for another 8 months 2 You shouldn't use the 8.0.5 installer to install 8.1.7 3 You shouldn't use c:\orant as Oracle home, as that isn't the default for 8.1.7 and doesn't conform to the OFA standard which is implemented in 8i

Create a new Oracle Home and forget about the old one.

Sybrand Bakker
Senior Oracle DBA Received on Thu Apr 29 2004 - 02:58:29 CDT