Reestablishing a db connection after a network failure

From: Pandis Ippokratis <ippokratis_at_cmu.edu>
Date: 29 Apr 2004 05:15:22 -0700

Hi,

 I have the following problem: I am implementing a server in Java and I use jdbc to connect to an Oracle 9.0.2 db. All seem to work fine, but when I intensionally cause a network failure (i.e. I remove the network cable) I get the following exception:

java.sql.SQLException: Io exception: Connection reset by peer: socket write error

I plug the cable again and I want to reset the java.sql.Connection but this seems to not work. Any suggestions? Received on Thu Apr 29 2004 - 07:15:22 CDT