Re: LTM

From: Mark D Powell <Mark.Powell_at_eds.com>
Date: 28 Apr 2004 16:50:21 -0700

themommi_at_iol.it (Marco) wrote in message news:<1bd20b7d.0404280214.15da6afa_at_posting.google.com>...
> Hi all,
>
> I have a newbie question for Oracle DBA.
>
> If I have a LTM (Locally Managed Tablespace) defined with "uniform
> size", is it possible to alter the size (of the extents...) via
> sqlplus (without OEM) ?
>
> Is't possible online?....offline....?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Marco

Marco, once created the size of extents in a tablespace defined as locally managed using uniform extents is set for the life of the tablespace. You will have to save off the objects, drop and then recreate the tablespace to change the extent size.

HTH -- Mark D Powell -- Received on Wed Apr 28 2004 - 18:50:21 CDT