Running Oracle Trace

From: Terry Coccoli <request_at_ifneeded.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2004 17:49:50 GMT

After opening up a ticket with a 3rd party vendor to find out what SQL they use behind the scenes, they advised and gave me instructions on running an Oracle trace.

Basically, they told me to set TRACE_LEVEL_CLIENT to USER and to set the TRACE_DIRECTORY_CLIENT and TRACE_FILE_CLIENT parameters. I did, and the trace file gets generated, but I don't see any actual SQL calls.

Am I missing anything else? Also, is there a good reference for running   Oracle traces?

Thanks.

P.S. I reran the trace setting the TRACE_LEVEL_CLIENT to ADMIN, and that generated more data, but no visible SQL. Received on Mon Apr 12 2004 - 12:49:50 CDT