Re: Converting SQL Server to Oracle

From: Dave <davidr212000_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 7 Apr 2004 16:46:47 -0700

jevonthurlow_at_hotmail.com (Jevon) wrote in message news:<34e7f100.0404071038.211932f5_at_posting.google.com>...
> I am trying to conert a SQL Server (2000) database to Oracle to see if
> it is a supportable back end for my product. I am running into a
> stone wall with Stored Procedures though. I was wondering if someone
> could explain a simple way to turn this T-SQL statement into a Oracle
> PL/SQL statement:
>
> CREATE PROCEDURE [CrossTab - Bench Sheet]
> _at_BSID Int
> AS
> SELECT BenchSheets.*
> FROM BenchSheets
> WHERE BS_ID=_at_BSID
>

> I can't seem to find an easy way to do it and documentation isn't very
> helpful. If using a Stored Procedure is the wrong way I am open to
> any alternative to running a "Select" statement with a parameter to
> filter down.
>
> I appreciate any input,

I don't know T-SQL that well, but maybe I can help.

What does [CrossTab - Bench Sheet] mean? It it returning results of the query as a crosstab or something? Does it return a cursor to the caller?

Can you show us what the Benchsheet table looks like and an example of what the output is supposed to look like?

Dave Received on Thu Apr 08 2004 - 01:46:47 CEST

Original text of this message