Re: Oracle Problem 1: Please Help

From: Hans Forbrich <forbrich_at_yahoo.net>
Date: Tue, 06 Apr 2004 17:00:58 GMT

singhjih wrote:

> The table looks like the following:
>

> Code:
> --------------------
>
> INSTRUCTOR_ID(PK) NUMBER(8,0) NOT NULL
> SALUTATION VARCHAR2(5) NULL
> FIRST_NAME VARCHAR2(25) NULL
> LAST_NAME VARCHAR2(25) NULL
> STREET_ADDRESS VARCHAR2(50) NULL
> ZIP(FK) VARCHAR2(5) NOT NULL
> PHONE VARCHAR2(15)
> CREATED_BY VARCHAR(3)
> CREATED_DATE DATE NOT NULL
> --------------------
>

> I'm not fully capable to write PL/SQL I just started last week however
> I am a very compitent student. If I need to write a trigger could you
> lead me in the right direction.

Oracle has a lot of good documentation on their site at http://docs.oracle.com. You should get familiar with the one called 'SQL Reference' for language and syntax, and the one called PLSQL Reference (I think) for general PLSQL.

CREATE TRIGGER and PLSQL Anonymous block are some keywords.

/Hans Received on Tue Apr 06 2004 - 19:00:58 CEST

Original text of this message