Recursive tree structure in Oracle

From: D <bbcrock_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 31 Mar 2004 09:12:15 -0800

I am well aware of Joe Celko's solution, but I have an existing ColdFusion application where the old DBA put the parentid in the table with the main record.

you know:
employeeid
managerid
etc

I need to run a query that will run once a week to create a listing of all these relationships. I would prefer to write this in SQL, possibly a PL/SQL SP but could write it in ColdFusion as well. I don't know the pitfalls of trying this. I need this done by the end of the week, so I don't have a lot of time here and can't initiate a change to the legacy system.

any takers?

thanks,

Don Received on Wed Mar 31 2004 - 19:12:15 CEST

Original text of this message