Ora10g - Sample schemas and OLAP

From: DD <denisdo_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 23 Mar 2004 22:12:01 -0800

Hi Guys!

Probably, this post will be interesting for one using OLAP (well, trying to:-)
I have loaded and installed 10g for Win. BTW - emctl still asking for %ORACLE_SID%, even when it is in registry. Funny, huh?

Now - creating sample schemas (and SH has got star-schema DW with DIMensions and Cubes, OLAP metatdata etc.) Everything is great, script mksample.sql works great, but when we are SQL*Loading fact table sh.costs we see an error from Ora Data Cartridges.
BUT everything has no erriors etc.

After successfull load, select(*) from sh.costs gives 0. And if we are trying to compare ORIGINAL Oracle - supplied cost_v3.ctl:

INTO TABLE costs
FIELDS TERMINATED BY '|' OPTIONALLY ENCLOSED BY '"' (COMPANY_ID FILLER,
 PROD_ID,
 TIME_ID DATE(10) "YYYY-MM-DD",
 UNIT_COST,
 UNIT_PRICE)

... with same ORIGINAL Oracle-created in scripts sh.costs table:

SQL> desc costs
 Name

 PROD_ID
 TIME_ID
 PROMO_ID
 CHANNEL_ID
 UNIT_COST
 UNIT_PRICE
... than we see, that nothing has changed in Oracle OLAP world!:-)

What non-DBA operated self-tuning DB we are talking about, when they can not put an order in SAMPLE SCHEMAS script (and that SH schema is buggy since 9r1)? Received on Wed Mar 24 2004 - 07:12:01 CET

Original text of this message