Re: Running web Report from web Form

From: AnaCDent <anacedent_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2004 17:51:19 -0800

Miran Kopmajer wrote:

>>I'm just the messenger, so don't shoot me.
>>
>>RUN_REPORT_OBJECT does not work with a Reports Server which has an
>>underscore character ("_") as part of its name. You need to create
>>a Reports Server named something other than "rep_server".

> I tried little more...
> I renamed my server name to "repserver" wihtout underscore character
> ("_") and invoked 2 different reports ('DOBAVITELJI' AND
> 'DOBAVITELJI1') to object navigator and still get message "Unable to
> run report". With "Message(v_rep);" I tried to find out what "v_rep"
> ACTUALLY is and in both cases I got message "repserver_0". Is 0 ID of
> report or what? Is that value indicating that report cannot be found?
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Below is my new KEY-PRINT trigger
>
> DECLARE
> repid report_object;
> v_rep varchar2(100);
> BEGIN
> repid := find_report_object('DOBAVITELJI1');
> SET_REPORT_OBJECT_PROPERTY(repid,REPORT_EXECUTION_MODE,RUNTIME);
> SET_REPORT_OBJECT_PROPERTY(repid,REPORT_COMM_MODE,SYNCHRONOUS);
> SET_REPORT_OBJECT_PROPERTY(repid,REPORT_DESTYPE,PREVIEW);
> SET_REPORT_OBJECT_PROPERTY(repid,REPORT_DESFORMAT,'html');
> SET_REPORT_OBJECT_PROPERTY(repid,REPORT_SERVER,'repserver');
> SET_REPORT_OBJECT_PROPERTY(repid,REPORT_OTHER,'paramform=no' );
> v_rep := RUN_REPORT_OBJECT(repid);
>
> Message(v_rep);
>
> END;
>

> THX,miran

You neglected to mention what OS you are using. I'm supporting 9iAS R2 on Solaris.
FWIW - FRM-41214 returns only 111 different hits on MetaLink. You should be able to also invoke the report via the command line while logged directly onto the middle tier server system or via http & invoking the RWSERVLET.

Getting the POS s/w properly configured is a REAL challenge. There are many, many pieces that all have to be properly configured to get the 1st report to run. I have to customize the default Reports Server in about 12 different places before I can bring up a new middle tier node to where it really runs our homebrew application.

Good Luck!
(You'll need it.) Received on Sat Mar 20 2004 - 02:51:19 CET

Original text of this message