Re: Multi Threaded server not working for many inserts?

From: Billy Verreynne <vslabs_at_onwe.co.za>
Date: 17 Mar 2004 04:43:26 -0800

andreyNSPAM_at_bookexchange.net (NetComrade) wrote :

> This doesn't happen a lot, but seems to
> happen plenty when the application control-c's the session (e.g. see
> bug 2334868) or uabruptly disconnects.

There is no bug listed on Metalink with that bug id.

> I think MTS is not that widely used, therefore it doesn't get enough
> attention from Oracle. Things are complicated further on our site by
> having to use db-links over MTS as well.

Think again. MTS is *critical* for any Oracle server which services more than just a couple of users. I would think that using dedicated server is the exception - unless of course the majority is ignorant with head-up-ass approach thinking that dedicated server is scaleable enough in a corporate environments that deals with large numbers of users

Or where you have a small number of users and even a smaller server platform with limited memory - which also requires MTS as the only solution capable of enabling an Oracle server on such a small platform.

I have yet to run into any serious MTS specific bugs. And I'm using MTS on a number of different platforms and architectures (OLTP, OLAP, development, 3 tier app server, etc). And if MTS can work well in a dev environment (the most abusive Oracle environment you can get), it sure as hell will work well in others. IMO.

--
Billy