Re: rename table - insufficient privilege (ORA-01031)

From: Alexandr Molochnikov <NOBODY_at_NO_SPAM.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2004 21:49:19 GMT

Yes, another poster already pointed this out to me, and I implemented the fix.

Still, the restriction on "rename" command does not seem logical, as ALTER TABLE ... RENAME does the job even from under a different user. But, coming from Sybase/SQL Server background, I find the whole approach of equating a user ID with schema illogical, so this restriction should not be a surprise.

Thank you very much for your help.

Best regards,

Alex.