Re: data handling issue

From: Ed prochak <ed.prochak_at_magicinterface.com>
Date: 4 Mar 2004 11:10:04 -0800

hrishys_at_yahoo.co.uk (hrishy) wrote in message news:<4ef2a838.0403022012.1f83b19b_at_posting.google.com>...
> Hi
>
> Engineer from india here :-)..Well there are many different ways to
> ask a question and depending on the way its asked you would get many
> different responses :-).
>
> Your problem can it be understood this way you want to better manage
> archival data that keeps on growing but is huge and you need it
> online.
>
> Well one possible solution would be to dig into the oracle Docs and
> look into partitioning.Which is divide and conquer approcah for
> managing data .Specifically look at range partitioning.
>
> well if you want to be sure that usenet advice really works for you
> you should take a hint and start doing test for yourself.You are smart
> hmm and you will take every advice offered here and test it out.
>
> And if you are too lazy well indian engineer here would welcome you
> with open arms ..remember outsourcing is just a arms length away. :-))
>

> regards
> Hrishy

Some good advice above.

> P.S:Please keep outsourcing and other bull shit away from this news
> group folks.
> I hate it this forum is meant for oracle and technical discussions.

Given that THIS group (comp.databases.oracle) is really defunct, there shouldn't be discussion here at all.

 But being that some servers, (GOOGLE among them) still permits posting to this group, some of the regulars in the 4 real ORACLE groups browse here to lend a bit of help.

And if there is any doubt, my point had nothing to do with outsourcing to India or anywhere else. It DID have to do with the management culture of lower costs at all costs. IOW managers looking to hire an ORACLE DBA, instead hire a tech school programmer, because they are "cheaper". Whether they are the best candidate is not considered. And switching to MySQL only because its free, opensource, not considering whether it will work in that application either.

Now I wonder why I bothered to put that smiley on my post. Received on Thu Mar 04 2004 - 20:10:04 CET

Original text of this message