Re: data handling issue

From: Ed prochak <ed.prochak_at_magicinterface.com>
Date: 26 Feb 2004 10:42:37 -0800

"Jim Kennedy" <kennedy-downwithspammersfamily_at_attbi.net> wrote in message news:<%Y3%b.56084$Xp.266401_at_attbi_s54>... []
> I always find it strange that we see requests like this. Sort of along the
> lines of "I am building this huge Oracle database and I don't know much
> about Oracle but..." Wouldn't one get people on the project who have some
> knowledge and expertise on Oracle? It just strikes me as very odd.
> Jim

My guess is the manager gets the cheapest programmer available and keeps asking him to take over responsibilities of the more knowledgable folks as they are laid off. Of course then the manager hears about outsourcing to India at even lower rates and the pattern begins again. 8^)

But seriously, I'm as puzzled as you are.

   Ed Received on Thu Feb 26 2004 - 19:42:37 CET

Original text of this message