Re: Oracle reports v 6 (&crm ebusiness)--sql query, of using decode

From: Mark C. Stock <mcstockX_at_Xenquery>
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2004 11:35:00 -0500

"etravels" <emerryan_at_yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message news:d1569ff3.0402200506.30cbbdea_at_posting.google.com...
| Hiyas
|
| I am currently working on Oracle Report which ties in with my a report
| in the ebusiness suite of Oracle telesales module.
|
| Basically, the address on statement reports have blank fields (null)
| where the customer does not have and address2, address 3,
|
| At present its set up to read customers
| ADDRESS1
| CITY
| COUNTY
| POSTAL CODE
|
| But if the customer does have an address 2 or 3 fields I can do this
| by adding in ADDRESS2 AND ADDRESS3 to both my SQL Query and report.
| However, not all addresses have 2nd & 3rd Address fields, hence all
| the other statments will appear as 'null fields' making the address
| for some customers gappy?
|

| I want to write a DECODE statement whereby, if ADDRESS2 AND ADDRESS3
| are NULL to skip to the next field being 'CITY'?
|
| Please help...
|
| Cheers

you might want to try just setting Vertical Elasticity property for the fields

regarding the decode, you can use the standard syntax [ decode ( expression, match1, display1, match2, display2.... default) ] on the concatenation of ADDRESS2 and ADDRESS3,
or use a decode for each, appending the expression(s) to the address1 column. don't forget to imbed a newline with the appended address line(s)

;-{ mcs Received on Fri Feb 20 2004 - 17:35:00 CET

Original text of this message