Re: Simple SQL to display text

From: Mark D Powell <Mark.Powell_at_eds.com>
Date: 19 Feb 2004 17:33:43 -0800

jchristl_at_zdnetmail.com (Joe Christl) wrote in message news:<e9cd3ea2.0402190940.6b465ce1_at_posting.google.com>...
> I was wondering - is there some part of sql that can display text?
> I wanted to add simple instruictions to the beginning of an sql script
> so the user understands what they're entering into the '&value' entry
> of the SELECT portion of the script.
>
> I know that anything with REM in the beginning is simply ignored.
>
> Thanks for your help.

If the front-end tool is SQLPlus then look up the prompt command in the SQLPlus manual. You may also want to look at the accept statements. Prompt and accept can be combined to ask for and get an SQLPlus label variable.

HTH -- Mark D Powell -- Received on Fri Feb 20 2004 - 02:33:43 CET

Original text of this message