Installing Oracle 9 in WinXP

From: John De Lello <JohnD_NO_SPAM_at_DelWare.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2004 00:38:08 GMT

Hello Everyone,

I am trying to install Oracle 9 on my Windows XP Pro laptop so I can play around. I downloaded the 3 ZIP files specified on the Oracle site (92010NT_Disk1.zip) and unzipped them into their respective Disk1, Disk2, Disk3 folders. I then run the setup.exe in Disk1, the drive churns for 10-15 seconds, then nothing happens. No error messages, nothing. I've tried running the autorun, I get the Splash logo with the menu, I select install and the same thing happens. There's plenty of disk space (25gb) so I'm not sure what I am doing wrong.

Dell Inspiron 8600
Pentium M 1.8
512mb RAM
40gb drive
WinXP PRO SP 1

Any ideas anyone?

Thanks
JD Received on Thu Feb 19 2004 - 18:38:08 CST