Re: Simple SQL to display text

From: Mark C. Stock <mcstockX_at_Xenquery>
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2004 17:56:52 -0500

"Joe Christl" <jchristl_at_zdnetmail.com> wrote in message news:e9cd3ea2.0402190940.6b465ce1_at_posting.google.com...
| I was wondering - is there some part of sql that can display text?
| I wanted to add simple instruictions to the beginning of an sql script
| so the user understands what they're entering into the '&value' entry
| of the SELECT portion of the script.
|
| I know that anything with REM in the beginning is simply ignored.
|
| Thanks for your help.

Not SQL, you're actually asking about SQL*Plus (Oracle very basic UI tool)

PROMPT for one line

DOC for multiple lines (terminate with #) -- or use a c-style multiple line comment (equivalent of DOC...#)

lots more good stuff in the SQL*Plus manual! -- you might also want to check out the ACCEPT statement

;-{ mcs Received on Thu Feb 19 2004 - 23:56:52 CET

Original text of this message