Re: SQLPLUS command line question

From: Mark D Powell <Mark.Powell_at_eds.com>
Date: 19 Feb 2004 17:31:33 -0800

tommynospam_at_yahoo.com (tommy) wrote in message news:<4f0df91b.0402190957.4f8dd028_at_posting.google.com>...
> I'm running sqlplus from a DOS command line and inducing an error by
> purposly giving it the wrong script (hence, it cannot find the script
> file.) What it is doing is exiting to the SQL> prompt as show below.
> What I NEED it to do is exit to the DOS prompt.
>
> c:\>sqlplus someuser/mypass_at_mydb NonExistantCommandFile.sql
> SQL>
>
> Does someone know how this can be done or have a commandline switch
> reference that might have the answer?

Look in the sqlplus manual for logon.sql (or perhaps login) scripts. You can set parameters in this file that will take affect when the session is started. You could set the sqlwhenever clause to exit on failure. At least this is what I would try. I am not on a computer with Oracle on it so I cannot test my suggestion but it should be pretty easy to test.

HTH -- Mark D Powell -- Received on Thu Feb 19 2004 - 19:31:33 CST