Re: Java Stored Procedures

From: John <dosxx80501_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 16 Feb 2004 16:08:00 -0800

My experience with JSPs is that JDBC calls to the databse are about 3.5X slower than the same SQL implemented in PL/SQL. Oracle Support confirmed that these numbers are what you should expect when running a side by side test between PL/SQL and JSPs. If you are going to write SQL code that will need to perform optimally, JSPs may not be the answer. If your code does not perform SQL or the overhead of the JDBC call is acceptable, then java makes a lot of sense.