Connecticut Oracle Users Group in Hartford, CT -- Meeting with Rich Niemiec from TUSC Scheuled for Thursday March 18

From: Lucas Lukasiak <lucas.lukasiak_at_VerizonWireless.com>
Date: 13 Feb 2004 13:42:03 -0800

  • PASS THIS ALONG TO YOUR ORACLE COLLEGUES THAT WOULD BE INTERESTED IN ATTENDING ***
  • DON'T MISS OUT ON FUTURE UPDATES! SIGN UP AT OUR WEBSITE AT http://www.ctoug.org/ ***

Hello CTOUG Members!

CTOUG has been experiencing rapid growth in new members and we have a great speaker lined up for out March 18th meeting that should propel trend that even further.

In January, we had a Key Member of the Board, Arup Nanda (President, Proligence http://www.proligence.com/) resign. Arup has been a big contributor in the establishment and growth of CTOUG and his direct involvement will be missed. As you may already know, Arup was presented with the "DBA of the Year" award by Oracle at Oracle World 2003 and has been recognized in many other ways as a leading Oracle Technologist. We are excited for Arup in this great new opportunity to manage a team of DBAs for Starwood Hotels at their World Headquarters in White Plains, NY. We will be looking for another member of the CTOUG board to transition Arup's duties to, SEE BELOW.

MARCH 18 MEETING & AGENDA
For the March 18 Meeting we will have Rich Niemiec CEO & Principal of TUSC (The Ultimate Oracle Consultants) come and speak to us on "Oracle 10g New Features & Oracle History". Rich is respected around the world as a master in database administration. Rich is author of the Oracle Press Book "Oracle9i Performance Tuning Tips & Techniques" - this is one of about 40 books TUSC has written for various publishers and features a compilation of more that 20 years of hands-on experience and real-life issues. I know from personal experience that Rich's presentations are Top Notch and always have some of the highest attendance at the IOUG (International Oracle Users Group) Conferences.  You can read more about Rich at TUSC at: http://www.tusc.com/oracle/tusc/rich_niemiec.html

LOCATION: Will be held at The Hartford Financial Services Group, Inc. in Downtown Hartford. Check the website for Details and Directions (http://www.ctoug.org/).

Networking/BOF 5:00 - 5:45 Grab a refreshment and snack while meeting Oracle professionals. The lounge area will be set up with two Birds of a Feather (BOF) sessions. Choose from "Oracle Administrators" and "Oracle Developers".
CTOUG Business 5:45 - 5:55 General Business Peer to Peer 5:55 - 6:00 Match and exchange contact information with members on a specific topic. Presentation 6:00 - 7:00 Speaker

abstract... if needed...

"Oracle10g - Driving the Future of the Industry" Rich will look at the future architecture of Oracle10g as it relates to the
future of the Oracle Database. He will examine some of the compelling new
features of Oracle10g, as well as also look at the current state of Oracle9i
RAC and the trends in the industry toward consolidation. The global labor
market and expectations for the IT market, as well as outsourcing and certification trends, will be discussed. Rich also will reveal the keys to
succeeding in the changing years ahead.

OFFICER POSITION OPEN
Director of Organization (similar to Secretary) -- full voting member of Board, responsible for CTOUG Board Meeting Notes, submitting Bylaws and required filings to State and Federal agencies, ...
*** SUBMIT your application consisting of Contact Information and
Brief Background Information (< 1-2 short paragraphs) to lucas_at_databasesolutionsgroup.com

WEB DEVELOPER ASSISTANCE NEEDED
We are looking for one or more volunteers to help make our website at http://www.ctoug.org/ reflect the established state of our organization (i.e. more professional, cleaner, more polished look).

DON'T MISS A MEETING UPDATE!
Sign up for the CTOUG Email list at the website http://www.ctoug.org/

DO YOU KNOW THE CTOUG OFFICERS ARE? FIND OUT NOW AND DON'T FORGET TO INTRODUCE YOURSELF AT THE NEXT MEETING.
http://databasesolutionsgroup.com/ctoug/officers.htm

NEW JOB POSTINGS PAGE
We have added a Connecticut Oracle Job Postings Page to our Website.

ORACLE 10g is OUT!
Did you know? You can download the Solaris, Linux, and HP versions for a trial at http://otn.oracle.com/

Lucas

Lucas C. Lukasiak