Re: need help with net8!

From: DBA Infopower Support <support_at_dbainfopower.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2004 22:52:56 -0800

Hello Kent,

  Here are the basic steps:

  1. Login to the server that needs access to oracle
  2. try to issue "tnsping <db_name>"
  3. If tnsping fails - post results to the group
  4. If tnsping works, try to access database using sqlplus <user>/<pwd>@db_name
  5. If sqlplus fails, post results to the group for further checkups

Regards,

   Support
   DBA Infopower
   http://www.dbainfopower.com

"Kent" <caoj_at_umich.edu> wrote in message news:5%XTb.1593$Nz2.32742_at_news.itd.umich.edu...
> Hi, all
>

> I am trying to access my locally installed oracle database from
 ASP.NET