Object Relational Feature

From: MG <deeplfo_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 5 Feb 2004 17:01:42 -0800

Hi,
I am interested to know if there are any features in Oracle that would allow a design similar to the "design by contract" methodology that exists in the OO world. I read about the Object Relational Feature, and it seems to be pretty creative, but it's also very limited towards any change. What I'm after is something similar to an interface in Java, but for tables in Oracle. Can you abstract out the interface to a table, i.e. what the client/user can see, from it's actual implementation. If such mechanism is in place, are there any performance costs that would make it not viable. I'm looking at applying this in a data warehouse project. I'd appreciate any pointers towards where I can find such information.

Thanks,
Mohsen Received on Thu Feb 05 2004 - 19:01:42 CST