How can I make this trigger?

From: Galina <galkas_at_mail.ru>
Date: 2 Feb 2004 06:10:04 -0800

Hello
I work with Oracle 9 database. I want to create a trigger using 2 tables: KEY_SKILLS_STUDENT and KEY_SKILLS. There are fields in KEY_SKILLS_STUDENT: KEY_SKILLS_ID, PORTFOLIO_RESULT and ACHIEVED. The trigger should update automatically the field ACHIEVED to TRUE (-1), when PORTFOLIO_RESULT is updated with strings "Pass" or "Exempt", but not always. A field KEY_SKILLS_ID is a link to KEY_SKILLS table. KEY_SKILLS table has got fields KEY_SKILLS_AREA_ID and KEY_SKILLS_ID. I want the trigger to work, only if KEY_SKILLS_AREA_ID is >3. I am not very experienced with Oracle triggers. I have made a couple in my life, but they were much simpler, on a single table. Please could you post me an example of a code for such trigger, or to point into a right direction.
Thank you very much. Received on Mon Feb 02 2004 - 08:10:04 CST