Re: Any progammers looking for a killer app to develop? How about a voice enabled forum?

From: Charlie-Boo <chvol_at_aol.com>
Date: 2 Feb 2004 06:39:39 -0800

"Haximus" <14356256546_at_spam.org> wrote
> Hate to burst your bubble but the system already exists, it's called Usenet
> and one can attach files to posts (say, sound files containing verbal
> queries). Also, the idea that you can simply make a verbal query and expect
> a credible response in a timely fashion is ludicrous. Whan was the last
> time a search engine gave you exactly the answer you wanted on the first
> try? Human response is no more accurate, not unless your forums are
> populated *only* with certified authorities on the subject matter at hand.

I was just passing through and this caught my eye. I couldn't resist responding. "Hate to burst your bubble" - "already exists" - "ludicruos". Man, you are totally out of it. Do you know what people said to Dave whats-his-face, the founder of Wendy's, when he said that he's going to open a hamburger chain (named after his daughter)? "Stupid idea. There's already McDonald's"

Albert Einstein summed it up well: "Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds." I know. I don't like to brag, but just this once: I made an 800 on my math college board in High School. I'm a friggin' genius. So I have TONS of ideas. (I once wrote a 186 page book based on a survey of only about 5% of my collection of ideas over a 3 year period. I add about a page a day - about 10-12 ideas a day. The book sold about 10-15,000 copies.) People will always be resistant to those who "think outside of the box" or try to get ahead or to make things better. I have seen it hundreds of times over the years. I see all sorts of stupid things that can be greatly improved. George Bush didn't think of guarding the border into Pakistan when he invaded Afghanistan and bin Laden just walked away before we got there. People are stupid! There's tons of room for improvement to almost every aspect of our society.

To whoever posted the original idea: DON'T LET THE IDIOTS GET IN YOUR WAY! PLEASE!! YOU WILL GET THE LAST LAUGH! Charlie Volkstorf