Re: I needhelp

From: Mark C. Stock <mcstockX_at_Xenquery>
Date: Sat, 31 Jan 2004 07:10:55 -0500

"Bricklen" <Xbricklen_at_yahoo.comX> wrote in message news:XQGSb.342618$X%5.28732_at_pd7tw2no...
| tracy wrote:
|
| > I not sure if i posted to the rite group, but hope somebody can help.
| >
| > as i know, system is the superpower user in oracle database. He can
| > views everything, including role created by others DBA.
| >
| > My problem is when i connect as oracle, i unable to view roles created
| > by dba_01. unless i conncet as dba_01.
| >
| > Can somebody tell me , what's wrong?
| >

| > thanq!!
| SYS is the Supreme Being....
|
| Try prefixing your queries for dba_01's objects with that username:
| eg. select * from dba_01.table_name;
|
| (or grant dba privs etc to oracle user --> generally not a good idea)
|
| etc etc

unless you are connecting as a user that has SELECT privilege on DBA_ROLES (typically via a granted role, like the legacy DBA role) you will not be able to access DBA-restricted data, like the list of roles in the DBA_ROLES table

could you give more detail as to what statements and accounts you are using to create and then attempt to view the roles?

  • mcs