Re: Bloody OCP braindump groups - close them down!

From: Bababobo <bababobo_at_bangkok.com>
Date: 31 Jan 2004 06:43:51 -0800

hrishys_at_yahoo.co.uk (hrishy) wrote in message news:<4ef2a838.0401302155.11d0d368_at_posting.google.com>...
> > Let me just call a couple: groups.yahoo.com/ocpfree, /ocpfree2,
> > /ocpfree3, /Singapore_DBA and probably many many more.
> >

> I am an indian here..i think singapore is not in india..:-)

you just take a look at this singapore group and see the names of most members; Indian to me it is. I believe the moderator is my ex-trainer from Oracle University (Indian of course). I wonder if he's getting paid for placing these ILT's and dumps.

> > Here is an example, just posted yesterday on one of the groups
> > mentioned:
> > " <snap>....
> > 007 is very easy.. You can download the materials from our OCPFree
> > group file section. Don't forget to read the ILT materials.......
> > <snap>"
> >
> > posted by a guy called 'Passoubady, Kangeyan' and he even mentioned
> > his company: GE Commercial Finance. What a bloody moron!
>
> my stomach is aching..i am sorry but couldnt conceal my loud
> laughter..:-) hehhhehhe..
>
> I am a OCP too from india..Having a OCP does not mean anything..A
> certification just means that the perosn is interested in pursuing a
> carrier with oracle..I am a REAL DBA..i wouldnt really hire even
> einstein if he has a OCP..OCP is not linked with job nope..If you wnat
> to be a real DBA then get a Huge computer(ton lods of ram and cpu
> power) and start installing oracle nad crashing it..only then and only
> then i would be willing to acknowledge anybody as the real DBA.OCP is
> used to impress your gurlfriends i think :-)..(or make larry spend a
> bit more on his honeymoon)
>
> regards
> Hrishy
> Hrishy

Strange that you have that idea of OCP. Probably you also got it through dumps. Must be the practice than overthere? I thought becoming certified requires a couple of years of experience first. Must be the Asian way of thinking then; first getting 'paper-certified', and a job will probably follow automatically (by adding some false 'experience' on CV's).

Please let us know how it works overthere in your country. Received on Sat Jan 31 2004 - 15:43:51 CET

Original text of this message