Re: designer2000

From: Tony <andrewst_at_onetel.net.uk>
Date: 28 Jan 2004 06:12:17 -0800

michaelnewport_at_yahoo.com (michael newport) wrote in message news:<63b202d.0401280157.358e8c50_at_posting.google.com>...
> indeed Designer does seem like a separate career !
>
> scenario
> --------
> learn it and use it once to create a project
> then a year or 2 later, you need to make changes to said project
> should you go back to the ERD ?
> realistically not as you also have to try and remember how to use the
> software,
> if you are new to the organisation how can you tell if the ERD you see
> actually spawned the forms and the code that the users are using.

I have worked on projects that used Designer and "100% generation" - in fact I am on one now. If you are on such a project, you should be aware of the fact - the Designer repository is where you would do all your work. If you are supporting a legacy system that was originally generated from Designer, but all the people who built it have left the company and there is no guarantee that Designer is up to date, or that forms have not been hand-crafted after generation, and the project manager doesn't have a view... well then I guess you must form your own policy! Received on Wed Jan 28 2004 - 15:12:17 CET

Original text of this message