Re: Installation problem help me plz...

From: Hans Forbrich <hforbric_at_yahoo.net>
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2004 20:24:26 GMT

kantg wrote:

> Dear all,
> I am trying to install the oracle 9i on my laptop. I am not able to
> connect the sqlplus to the database. it says tns name resolution error
> or no listener. I configured using net configuration assitant and it
> automatically creats the tnsname.ora and listener.ora. the entries in
> both the files match i mean the protocol addressing and connect
> descritors. the naming method i choose was "local" and i choose the
> name service which was promted. Do i need to do anything to get my
> SQLplus up and running?? Please help me. i need it very badly as i am
> preparing for the exam:-{{

Suggest you start your learning curve at one of the following:

http://www.dizwell.com >> Red Hat 9i installation document

http://otn.oracle.com/obe/start/index.html

Howard's RedHat docco is so full of useful information that everyone should read it, even if you want nothing to do with Linux. (For example, it answers your questions.) The Oracle By Example series also gives you the same info in the form of a 'Paint by Number' step by step guide. Received on Mon Jan 26 2004 - 21:24:26 CET

Original text of this message