Re: Oracle Client conflicts between versions

From: <sybrandb_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 21 Jan 2004 00:32:40 -0800

kristoff plasun <sdaf_at_asdf.com> wrote in message news:<j0kPb.2451$2j7.856_at_clgrps13>...
> I have a problem with Crystal Reports that
> won't go away and I have a suspicion that
> it could be because of driver conflicts. I
> have the Oracle administrator client software
> set up on one computer, for version 8.1.77 and
> 9.2.0.2. Could there possibly be a conflict in
> which driver Crystal Reports uses when talking
> to the database? The ODBC settings look right.
>
> TIA
>
> kp

If you installed both client versions in the same Oracle_home, definitely.
If the clients are in separate homes, not very likely. The Oracle home to be used is determined from the full path name of the executable/dll you are using.

Sybrand Bakker
Senior Oracle DBA Received on Wed Jan 21 2004 - 09:32:40 CET

Original text of this message