Oracle Warehouse Builder.........

From: ramnori <ramnori_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 16 Jan 2004 17:55:13 -0800

HI,
  I have installed Oracle Warehouse Builder and OWB Server Side etc. I have created and verfied all the DW Objects such as dimensions, facts, transformations, mappings etc. I have also created a Runtime Repository using the runtime asistant, I have created the owner to be Owner1, the user User1 and the traget schema user as User2. I have defined the runetime repository connetions for my project in the the Warehouse Builder a well. So far so good...

 The problem is when I try to use the deployment Manager to create and load my warehouse schemas I get the following error

"RTC 5260 Failed to connect to runtime platform. Check you have
provided the correct host, user, password, service name"
"IO exception: the network adapter could not establish the
connection"

I checked to see if the users weere created by connecting as those users in sqlplus and I was successfully logged in.

Can anyone tell me what is it that I am not doing right? Why am I getting this error? Any help is really appreciated. Also when can I find the text for all the OWB error messages?

BTW, I am using oracle 9.2i for the dbserver and

      9.2.0.8 for OWB Cleint
      9.2.2.0 for OWB Repository

Thanks,
-- Ram Received on Sat Jan 17 2004 - 02:55:13 CET

Original text of this message