Where do I get JDK 1.3 that Oracle Lite 5.0.2 wants?

From: Terry Phelps <tgphelps50_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 16 Jan 2004 07:50:20 -0800

I'm trying to install Oracle Lite 5.0.2 on Windows 2000. The documenation says:

"If you do not have JDK 1.3 installed on your system, the JDK 1.3 is not installed on your system" dialog box appears, as shown in Figure 1-8.
You must install JDK 1.3 on your system before you proceed with the installation of Oracle9i Lite Release 5.0.2."

That's true. But what the doc does NOT say, as far as I can tell, is: Where the heck do I GET this JDK 1.3 that it wants?

Should I get this from the Oracle web site somewhere? Or do I get the generic one from java.sun.com and install it? Must I have one specific version of 1.3(.x)? Or will any later version do?
Does a generic installation of JDK 1.3 put it in a place where the Oracle Lite installation will find it?

Any help you can provide will be appreciated. Received on Fri Jan 16 2004 - 16:50:20 CET

Original text of this message